1. Acid test (অগ্নি পরীক্ষা): You must succeed in the acid test of the time you live in.
2. ABC - (প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান): I don't know the ABC of politics.
3. A bed of roses - (সুখকর অবস্থা): Life is not a bed of roses.
4. After all - (সব কথার পরেও): I rang and told her I couldn't come after all.
5. All along - (সব সময়): I was present in the meeting all along.
6. All in - (পরিশ্রান্ত): I was all in after the meeting.
7. All at once - (হঠাৎ): I feel terribly sleepy all at once.
8. All up with - (পুরোপুরি, হতাশ, সব আশা শেষ): If we can't, it's all up with the councillor.
9. At a round rate (at the fixed price – নির্ধারিত মূল্যে) Things are selling in the shop at a round rate.
10. At a snail's pace (very slowly – খুব ধীর গতিতে) The economy of Bangladesh is growing at a snail’s pace.
11. At all (in the least degree – মোটেও না) There is no water at all in the pond.
12. At last (in the end – অবশেষে) He tried hard, and at last, succeeded in achieving his goal.
13. At home (proficient in — দক্ষ) The students of Bangladesh should be at home in Bangla.
14. At home (comfortable— আরাম) He feels at home in Dhaka now.
15. At least (in the lowest estimate- কমপক্ষে) He is the owner of thirty lakh taka at least.
16. Arm in arm (পরস্পর সম্পর্কিত বিষয়) All good people should live arm in arm with one another.
17. Art and part (অভিসন্ধি ও সম্পাদন) We have no art and part in his affairs.
18. At a discount (অনাদৃত) Female education is no longer at a discount now.
19. At a low ebb (in an unfavorable situation প্রতিকুল অবস্থায়, ভাটির মুখে) The popularity of this singer is now at a low ebb.
20. At dead of night (গভীর রাতে) The police caught the thief at dead of night.
21. At death’s door (at the point of death- মৃত্যুর দ্বারে) The patient is now at death’s door.
22. At ease (in peace or pleasure – শান্তিতে বা আরামে) A man who has enemies can not live at ease.
23. At every step (প্রতি পদে পদে): There are dangers at every step in our life and yet we want to live.
24. At the top of (শীর্ষে): The boy shouted at the top of his voice.
25. At times (মাঝে মাঝে): He at times comes here.
26. At random (indiscriminately—এলোপাথাড়ি-adv.) He talks at random like a mad man.
27. At liberty (free-মুক্ত-adj.) They are at liberty to go anywhere.
28. At a standstill (নিশ্চল, অচলাবস্থায়-adj.) The discussion is now at a standstill.
29. At-fault (guilty-কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ়, অপরাধ, দোষ adj.) You are at fault.
30. At one’s elbow (near at hand — হাতের কাছে – adv.) His private secretary is always at his elbow.
31. At the latest (খুব বেশি দেরী হলে) He will arrive here at 5 p. m. at the latest.
32. At the eleventh hour (at the last moment-শেষ মুহুর্তে adv.) The patient was in a dangerous condition and the doctor came at the eleventh hour.
33. As a whole (মোটের উপর, সম্পূর্ন এক মনে করে-adv.) Look at life as a whole and you will see that it is meaningful.
34. As a rule (নিয়ম অনুসারে.) As a rule, she kept silent in the meeting.
35. As ill-luck would have it (unfortunately- দুর্ভাগ্যবশত) A child was born to them but, as ill-luck would have it, it died when it was eight days old.
36. Bring to light (disclose-প্রকাশ করা) The police brought the secret to light.
37. Bring to book (reproach-Start- ভর্ৎসনা করা) The father brought his son to book for his failure in the exam.
38. Breathe one’s last (decease, die- শেষ নিঃশেষ ত্যাগ করা, মরে যাওয়া) The man breathed his last in his native village.
39. Birds of a feather (persons of like disposition-একই পর্যায়ের লোক) Bird’s of a feather flock together.
40. Bad blood - (শত্রুতা): There has always been bad blood between these families.
41. Bird’s eye view - (ভাসা ভাসা দৃশ্য, হালকাভাবে দর্শন): We took a bird’s eye view of the scenery.
42. Burning question - (গুরুত্বপূর্ন বিষয়): Poverty problem is a burning question of our country.
43. Black sheep - (কুলাঙ্গার): Stay away from the Black sheep.
44. Beggar description - (অবর্ণনীয় হওয়া): The distress of the Muslims in Bosnia beggars description.
45. Brown study (দিবাস্বপ্ন): The girl is absorbed in a brown study.
46. Bear in mind (মনে রাখা): Always bear in mind that you are a daughter of a reputed person.
47. Back and forth (এদিক ওদিক) The mad man was running back and forth in the hospital.
48. Brown study (day dream-দিবাস্বপ্ন -n) The woman is absorbed in a brown study.
49. Bear in mind (remember— মনে রাখা —V): You should also bear in mind the additional costs of the mortgage.
50. Back and bally (জীবিকা, ভরণ পোষণ—n) Who will provide the increasing population with the required back and bally?