101. Hue and cry (শোরগোল): The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
102. Hush money (ঘুষ): He offered a hush money to disclose the file.
103. In a fix (মুশকিলে পতিত হওয়া): The man is in a fix with his new hairstyle.
104. In full swing (পুরোদমে): The school is in full swing after the vacation.
105. In lieu of (পরিবর্তে): Give me this pen in lieu of that.
106. In cold blood (ঠান্ডা মাথায়): They committed this murder in cold blood.
107. In no time (শীঘ্র): He will finish the work in no time.
108. Ins and out (খুঁটিনাটি): I know ins and outs of this file.
109. In vogue (চালু): This custom is not in vogue at present.
110. In a nutshell (সংক্ষেপে): Tell the whole story in a nutshell.
111. In one’s teens (তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মাঝে): She is yet in her teens.
112. In black and white – (লিখিতভাবে) – Put forward your proposal in black and white.
113. In the wake of (ঠিক পরে): Police came in the wake of the accident.
114. In the long run (পরিণামে): You will have to suffer in the long run.
115. Irony of fate (ভাগ্যের পরিহাস): He could not succeed by irony of fate.
116. Kith and kin (নিকট আত্মীয়): He has no relation with his kith and kin.
117. Lion’s share (বড় মাপের অংশ): He took the lion’s share of the profit.
118. Lame excuse (বাজে ওজর): The lame excuse will not do.
119. Let loose (বল্গাহীনভাবে ছেড়ে দেয়া): He let his horse loose in the field.
120. Liable to mislead (প্রতারণাপূর্ণ- deceptive): Appearances can often be liable to mislead.
121. Learn by heart (মুখস্থ করা)— He learnt the poem by heart.
122. Laughing stock (হাসির পাত্র)— He is a laughing stock to all.
123. Lose heart (হতাশ হওয়া) — Do not lose heart in danger.
124. Lose one’s heart (প্রেমে পড়া) — He lost his heart to the girl.
125. Look into something (তদন্ত করা- investigate) - The manager looked into the matter.
126. Lump sum (এক কালীন) — He gave us lump sum money.
127. Maiden speech (প্রথম বক্তৃতা): His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
128. Man of letters (পন্ডিত ব্যক্তি): You are truly a man of letters.
129. Man of straw (অপদার্থ): We do not care for a man of straw like you.
130. Make both ends meet (আয় ব্যয় মেলানো): I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
131. Make hay while sun shines (ঝোপ বুঝে কোপ মারা) You should try to make hay while sun shines.
132. Make head or tail – (মাথামুন্ডু বুঝা) – I cannot make head or tail of what you say.
133. Milk and honey – (প্রাচুর্য)- He lives with milk and honey.
134. Moot point (অমীমাংসিত বিষয়): Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
135. Nip in the bud (অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট হওয়া): All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
136. Null and void (বাতিল): The deed has been null and void now.
137. Now and then (মাঝে মাঝে): He comes here now and then.
138. Of course (অবশ্যই): Of course, you know what that meant.
139. On the contrary (বিপরীত পক্ষে): I do not hate him; on the contrary I love him.
140. On the wane (হ্রাসমান): His fame is on the wane now.
141. On the whole (মোটের ওপর): On the whole, his conduct is good.
142. Out of date (সেকেলে): This fashion is out of date.
143. Out of sorts (সামান্য অসুস্থ): The baby is out of sorts after playing.
144. Out of order (বিকল): The elevator was out of order.
145. Out of temper (ক্রুদ্ধ): The teacher is out temper to see the overall results.
146. Part and parcel (অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ): Education is part and parcel to build a civilized nation.
147. Pave the way (সুপ্রসন্ন করা) – I am sure I can pave the way for your success.
148. Pros and cons (খুঁটিনাটি): You should consider the pros and cons of the system.
149. Pandora’s box (আপাতঃ দৃষ্টিতে ভালো মনে হলেও আসলে ভালো নয়)—His words proved to be Pandora’s box.
150. Pack of lies (ডাঁহা মিথ্যা)—He told pack of lies to prove himself innocent.