201. Take to heart (মর্মাহত হওয়া)- He really took it to heart when I asked him to reconsider.
202. Take to one's heels (to run away, পালানো)- They took to their heels when they saw the policeman approaching.
203. Take into account (বিবেচনা করা): Your activities should be taken into account.
204. Three R's (প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা)— He has not yet learnt the three R's.
205. Three score (ষাট): He is happy as his brother got three score.
206. To and fro (hither and thither, এদিক ওদিক)-The man is walking to and fro.
207. Take one to task (rebuke, তিরস্কার করা)— He took me to task for negligence of duty.
208. Tooth and nail (strongly, প্রবলভাবে)-He fought tooth and nail against his enemy.
209. Through thick and thin (through all difficulties, সমস্ত সমস্যার মধ্যে)-Ruma followed her husband through thick and thin.
210. Tide over (বিপদ অতিক্রম করা-overcome ): The manager tided over the situation.
211. To meet trouble half-way (পুরোপুরি মোকাবেলার আগেই হাল ছেড়ে দেয়া): He met trouble half way after getting the instructions.
212. To the backbone (to the core, হাড়ে হাড়ে) —The boy is wicked to the backbone.
213. To the contrary (against what some one had said, পক্ষান্তরে) —He said nothing to the contrary.
214. To the letter (in all details, অক্ষরে অক্ষরে) —Follow my advice to the letter.
215. Turn over a new leaf (begin a new phase of life, নবজীবন শুরু করা) —After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
216. Turn a deaf ear to (pay no attention, প্রত্যাখান করা) —He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
217. Turn down (refuse, প্রত্যাখান করা) —He turned down my proposal.
218. Ups and downs (উত্থান পতন): There are ups and downs in a man’s life.
219. Up and doing (উদ্যোগী): Be up and doing and then you will succeed in your life.
220. Under age (অপ্রাপ্ত বয়স্ক)- He could not cast his vote because he was under age.
221. Upper hand (প্রাধান্য) - He got the upper hand in the selection.
222. Up to (পর্যন্ত) - I have done the exercises up to page 40.
223. Up-to-date (আধুনিক) - Now-a-days ladies are very up to date.
224. Ups and downs (উত্থান পতন)- There is ups and downs in a man's life.
225. White elephant (অত্যন্ত ব্যয়সাপেক্ষ বিলাসিতা): At last the department proved to be a white elephant.
226. Weal and woe (সুখ-দুঃখ): Human life is full of weal and woe.
227. Widow’s mite (দরিদ্রের ক্ষুদ্র দান): A windows mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
228. Without fail (অবশ্যই) - You must attend the meeting without fail.
229. Worthy of (যোগ্য) - He is worthy of a good job.
230. With a view to (উদ্দেশ্য)- He goes to college with a view to attending the class.
231. Well up (সুপন্ডিত)- Dr. Shahidullah was well-up in Bengali language.
232. Well-to-do (সঙ্গতিপূর্ণ) - He was not born in a well-to-do family.
233. Well off (স্বচ্ছল) - Jim and Della were not well off.
234. White color job – (উচ্চ শ্রেনীর চাকরি, যেখানে শারীরিক কাজ নেই বললেই চলে- a job without manual labour) - He wants a white color job.
235. Weal and woe (joy and sorrow, সুখ দঃখ) —Human life is full of weal and woe.
236. Wild goose chase (useless pursuit, পন্ডশ্রম) —Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
237. With the sweat of one’s brow (মাথার ঘাম পায়ে ফেলে) — He earns his livelihood with the sweat of his brow.
238. With a lavish hand (মুক্ত হস্তে)— Give away something with a lavish hand.
239. With might and main (যথা শক্তি দিয়ে) —He tried with might and main to help me.
240. Yellow dog (হীন ব্যক্তি) - A yellow dog is always hated by all.